This is the website of the Mechanobiology group led by Dr. Manuela T. Raimondi and based at Polytechnic University in Milano, Italy.
Brief profile of the PI: Dr. Manuela T. Raimondi
- Dr. Raimondi is ranked among the World’s Top 2% Scientists by the Stanford university ranking. She has been awarded 5 frontier research grants by the European Research Council (ERC). She is the founding President of ERC in Italy, the official association of ERC grantees based in Italy.
- Dr. Raimondi is a Mechanical Engineer with a PhD in Bioengineering obtained in 2000 from Polytechnic University in Milano, Italy. Here, she is a Full Professor in Bioengineering at the Department of Chemistry, Materials and Chemical Engineering “G. Natta”. She teaches a laboratory course of “Cell modeling” in the Biomedical Engineering graduate program.
- Dr. Raimondi is the founding head of the Mechanobiology Lab. She has patented cutting-edge tools for bioengineering research, ranging from synthetic stem cell niches, to organoids-on-chip, to miniaturized imaging chambers implantable in vivo.
- Her platforms are commercialized by her start-up company, MOAB srl.
- She recently spent one year at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia (PA, USA) as a visiting professor of Bioengineering , c/o the Gottardi’s Bioengineering and Biomaterials Laboratory, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Dept. of Pediatrics, Perelman School of Medicine and Dept. of Bioengineering, School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
- Her active research is funded by the European Research Council (ERC), the European Commission (EC) and the National Centre for the Replacement, Refinement and Reduction of Animals in Research (NC3Rs, London UK).