This is the website of the Mechanobiology group led by Dr. Manuela T. Raimondi and based at Polytechnic University in Milano, Italy.
Brief profile of the PI: Dr. Manuela T. Raimondi
- Dr. Raimondi is a Mechanical Engineer with a PhD in Bioengineering obtained in 2000 from Polytechnic University in Milano, Italy. Here, she is a Full Professor of Bioengineering in the Department of Chemistry, Materials and Chemical Engineering “G. Natta”. She teaches “Technologies for Regenerative Medicine” in the Biomedical Engineering graduate program.
- In September 2020, she moved to Philadelphia (PA, USA) for a one-year appointment as a visiting professor of Bioengineering at the Gottardi’s Bioengineering and Biomaterials Laboratory, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Dept. of Pediatrics, Perelman School of Medicine and Dept. of Bioengineering, School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, University of Pennsylvania.
- At Polytechnic of Milan, Dr. Raimondi is the founder and head of the Mechanobiology Lab. She has invented cutting-edge tools for cell modelling, ranging from bioengineered stem cell niches, to organoids-on-chip, to miniaturized imaging chambers implantable in vivo.
- Her research is funded by the European Research Council (ERC), the European Commission (EC), the European Space Agency (ESA) and the National Centre for the Replacement, Refinement and Reduction of Animals in Research (NC3Rs).
- Her platforms are commercialized by her start-up, MOAB srl.
- Dr Raimondi is the founder and President of ERC in Italy, the official association of ERC grantees based in Italy.